Sunday, June 18, 2006

Father's Day Message

Bill Keller wrote a devotional today that I recommend to
you for your consideration. It has food for thought. He
has given me permission to copy his e-mails, and I'm sure
he would be happy if
you would share this with people you
know as well.

Whether you are a father, have a father, wish you still
had a father or wish you had a better father, this is a
wonderful message to you.

May God bless all fathers and their children today!

I would like personally thank Jesus for healing my ailing
right shoulder that has been very painful for 18 months.
I was scheduled to go the doctor on Monday, but on Sunday,
June 4, I listened to two healing services . . . and
during the prayer for healing in the second one my pain,
stiffness and loss of movement all disappeared.

Thank you, Jesus!

Since then, I had a dream in which I finally realized
how I had hurt my shoulder . . . so now I won't repeat
that mistake.

Thank you, Jesus!

It felt so good this morning to be able to hold my Bible
straight up in the air with no pain and no restriction in
movement.

Thank you, Jesus!

Please read on.

*********************************************

DAILY DEVOTIONAL SUNDAY JUNE 18, 2006
(Ephesians 6:4)

Honoring our fathers. Today is the day the world
celebrates Father's Day. In our busy lives, it is good
that we are forced to take a moment and recognize our
dads. I had a wonderful father that unfortunately passed
away when I was 16. Even though I missed sharing those
young adult years with my dad, it was his love and
nurturing in my early years that helped build the
spiritual foundation in my life. After praying about
today's Devotional, the Lord has directed me to use it as
a special encouragement to the dads out there.

How often do we take what dad does for granted? There are
Godly men out there who are the spiritual heads of their
homes. They work hard to provide the income needed to
sustain day to day life. They love and honor their wife.
They realize their children are gifts from God and help
nurture and mold their lives. These dads realize that
serving God is their divine purpose and being the head of
their home is their first and most important ministry.
Today is a day to make sure dad knows just how much we
love and appreciate him.

For those dads out there who are working hard to be the
kind of dad I just described, know that you are in my
prayers. Know that each day as you spend that special
time alone with the Lord, He will encourage you, prepare
you, and make you adequate for that day. You are on the
path God wants you to be on as you strive each day to
serve Him, making your wife and children your number one
priorities. Balance is one of the biggest hurdles you
face each day, and I pray the Lord will help you find that
perfect balance between work, home, serving Him, and
relaxing.

The other big hurdle is being able to give God control.
Having so much responsibility each day, letting go and
really trusting God at certain times is not easy. Just
remember, in John 15:5 it says "without me you can do
nothing." God has given you great talents, great gifts,
but without the Lord's strength, and He being in charge,
it won't make any difference. Make your faith real daily
as you learn to trust Him more each day.

I recognize today that there are also many dads who aren't
the kind of dad I described. Unless someone is totally
committed and surrendered to the Lord, overseeing the
responsibilities of marriage and children often suffer.
Without the Lord leading your life, getting caught up in
all of the traps of this world happen frequently, and life
really never makes much sense. The importance of being a
husband, a father, doesn't have the significance it should.
That is why so many men have left the home, abandoned their
children, and continually are caught up in every kind of
sin imaginable.

To those dads I want you to know that if you are tired of
running from God, tired of the pain, tired of the
heartache, tired of nothing working...this is the perfect
day to turn it all around. Even though this is a day we
celebrate our earthly fathers, there is a Heavenly Father
who loves you so much, and if you call out to Him, He will
help you straighten your life out.

For those wives, ex-wives, and children of dads who haven't
been the Godly dad the Bible talks of, pray for your dad.
Know that deep down he is hurting, and only surrendering to
Christ will change that. God loves your dad more than you
do, and He is the one who can change your dad's heart.
I'll pray with you for your dad.

I want you to know that I love you and do care about you.
For you dads out there today, let me encourage you by
telling you...if you keep Jesus first in your life, He
will help you overcome the trials of this life, and
allow you to see victories in every area of your life.
In your marriage, in your children, in your career, in
your service for Him....if you will simply trust Him and
operate in His strength, you will know blessings and joy
above and beyond anything you ever imagined.

Please know that I will be praying for you today, and if
you need any special prayer to be the man, the husband,
the father, the servant God has called you to be....please
don't hesitate to email me at: bkeller@liveprayer.com .
God has given us many great examples of how to be a true
father. Follow Him each day and He will mold you and make
you into the father He has raised you up to be.


In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller


***If I can help you in any way you can contact me
through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***ARE YOU 100% CERTAIN WHERE YOU WILL SPEND
ETERNITY? The fact is you will die one day. At
that moment, you will either spend eternity with
the Lord or be cast into everlasting darkness
forever separated from God your creator. To know
for certain you will be forever with Jesus, go to:
http://www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss
receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is
an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your
LPeMail account now at: www.lpemail.com.

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer
Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each
day. Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html
Also, you can now listen to the Daily Devotional by
phone by calling toll-free, 1-888-382-4662, or
access it on your wireless device by going to:
http://wapdd.com

(C) Copyright 2006, Bill Keller Ministries.
All rights reserved

************************************************

May God bless you as you learn from this message!

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2006 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home