Saturday, June 10, 2006

Make Your Job a Testimony for Jesus

Bill Keller wrote a devotional today that I recommend to
you for your consideration. It has food for thought. He
has given me permission to copy his e-mails, and I'm sure
he would be happy if
you would share this with people you
know as well.

Many people are dissatisfied with their jobs and wish
they could be in glamour roles like television stars,
popular singers or other kinds of celebrities. God wants
you to witness for Him where you are. It's the ultimate
chance to appear in a starring role!

I would like personally thank Jesus for healing my ailing
right shoulder that has been very painful for 18 months.
I was scheduled to go the doctor on Monday, but on Sunday
I listened to two healing services . . . and during the
prayer for healing in the second one my pain, stiffness
and loss of movement all disappeared. Thank you, Jesus!

Since then, I had a dream in which I finally realized
how I had hurt my shoulder . . . so now I won't repeat
that mistake. Thank you, Jesus!

Please read on.

*********************************************

DAILY DEVOTIONAL SATURDAY JUNE 10, 2006
(Colossians 3:23)

***NEED A JOB? Last Thursday on the TV program, I spent
the hour specifically praying for people who needed a job.
I know today, many of you are in that situation. I want
you to know that I will be praying for you today for God
to open the right doors for you and that you will be
working soon. God is able!

Praise Report: "I wrote to you twice about my problem with
finding a job. It's been about 3 months since I asked for
your prayers. I must be honest I got discouraged, but God
does His works in his own time. Yesterday I got
confirmation that i would began working for the government
come July 1, 2006. GOD not only provided me with a job but
with a career. All I can do is thank Him. I would also like
to thank you for your prayers."


Where you work is no accident or coincidence. I know from
the emails that I get, many people go to work each day in
absolutely wicked places. I am amazed at the level of evil
so many face each day from customers, co-workers, and
bosses. Many who openly profess Christ as their Savior
endure persecution at work for their faith.

For those of you who go to work each day in a hostile work
environment, where people come against you, many simply
because you are a Christian, I want you to know that it is
NO ACCIDENT OR COINCIDENCE you work where you do. God has
put you there for a reason, to be HIS light in the
darkness.

As I have stated so many times, the child of God is
expected to live UP to the standards of God, not down to
the standards of this world. This world says to do as
little as possible to get by. On your job, do what you
have to do, nothing more. God says that you are to do
your very best, work with all of your heart to please the
Lord, not man.

Even though you may work for your boss, you are actually
working for THE BOSS! God doesn't expect you to do what
you can't do, only your very best at what you can do.
Those who know the Lord should always be the best workers,
since we understand we are working for the Lord, not man.

Never forget, we have the largest percentage of two full
generations that has never been to church. YOU ARE THE
ONLY BIBLE MANY OF THOSE YOU ARE IN CONTACT WITH EACH DAY
AT YOUR JOB WILL EVER READ! Our greatest testimony to
those God has put in our life is not what we say, but how
we live our life each day! I guarantee you, people notice!

Let me tell you what the big picture strategy of Liveprayer
is. It is a very simple plan. Use the Internet, secular
TV and radio, and advertising, to let people know when they
are hurting, looking for answers, there is a place they can
come. You see, I understand that EVERYONE deals with the
same issues in life like finances, health, death,
relationships, careers, and addictions.

I simply want to be there, visible and accessible so that
when they face these issues, they know there is a place to
come to find strength and hope. That is why God has you
working where you are. To be that bright light, so when
those you come in contact with each day are hurting,
looking for strength and hope, they know they can come to
you.

That is when you can share with them the fact that Jesus
is their only real hope. In the midst of their struggles,
He is the ONLY answer. It is at those times when God can
use you as an instrument to help those who are hurting
find strength in Christ and peace that only God can give.
THAT IS WHY YOU ARE WORKING WHERE YOU ARE!

I love you and care about you so much. I realize that
many of you face incredible challenges each day on your
job. I will be praying today that God will encourage you
and help you to see that you are not at that job just for
a paycheck, but He has placed you there to be a witness
for Him to those you come in contact with each day.

Take time before you go to work to pray for God to help
you to do your very best in your job that day, working as
unto the Lord, not man as a testimony to those you work
with. Also, pray that God will let your light shine
bright so that those who may be hurting, will come to you
with their problems and give you the opportunity to pray
for them and share with them the hope and love of Jesus.

I pray that you will never look at your job as just a way
to earn a paycheck again, but look at it for what it really
is, A MINISTRY. All of God's children are called to serve
Him. Realize that you serve Him every day when you go to
work, since it is no accident or coincidence you work where
you do. GOD PUT YOU THERE!


In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller


***If I can help you in any way you can contact me
through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***ARE YOU 100% CERTAIN WHERE YOU WILL SPEND
ETERNITY? The fact is you will die one day. At
that moment, you will either spend eternity with
the Lord or be cast into everlasting darkness
forever separated from God your creator. To know
for certain you will be forever with Jesus, go to:
http://www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss
receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is
an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your
LPeMail account now at: www.lpemail.com.

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer
Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each
day. Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html
Also, you can now listen to the Daily Devotional by
phone by calling toll-free, 1-888-382-4662, or
access it on your wireless device by going to:
http://wapdd.com

(C) Copyright 2006, Bill Keller Ministries.
All rights reserved

************************************************

May God bless you as you learn from this message!

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2006 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home