Monday, January 30, 2006

Forgive Others . . . and Yourself

Good morning, Happy Souls!

Bill Keller wrote a wonderful devotional yesterday
that I highly recommend to you. He has given
me permission to copy his e-mails, and I'm sure
he would be happy if you would share this with
people you know as well.

This devotional reminds me of all those times I
wanted to forgive myself for something, but couldn't.
I'm glad is more forgiving of me than I am!

I also realized that I should seek out opportunities
to forgive others . . . and not just when someone
asks for forgiveness.

Read on.

*********************************************

DAILY DEVOTIONAL SUNDAY JANUARY 29, 2006
(Mark 11:25, Colossians 3:13)

Forgive those who have hurt you. Not one person
reading this Devotional today, has not had someone
at some point in your life hurt you. Some of you
may have been physically or sexually abused as a
child by a mother, a father, a relative, or someone
your family knew. Some of you may have had a
wonderful childhood, but in your young adult life
been hurt by a boyfriend or girlfriend. Some of
you may have been the victim of a horrible crime
like robbery or rape.

Still others may have been deeply hurt by your
husband or wife that wanted a divorce. There are
many of you that have been hurt later in life by
your children. Lots of people reading this have
been hurt by employers, business associates, or
close friends. Sadly, some of you have even been
hurt by a pastor or someone in your church. The
fact is, EVERYONE reading this today has been hurt
at some point in your life.

As painful as the experience was that caused this
hurt in your life, so many people have compounded
that pain by letting bitterness, even hatred into
their life against the person or people who caused
your pain. Today, I am going to help set you free
from this hurt and pain you have experienced in
your life.

In a prison, they have a central lock that can
automatically open all of the cell doors in a given
area. If you have ever been in prison or watched
a prison movie you know what I am talking about.
There is the loud buzz, followed by the clanking sound
of all of the cell doors automatically opening. Today,
many of you are in prison from the hurts and pains in
your life. Today, the cell door is going to open and
you are going to be FREE!!!

The key to unlocking that door is FORGIVENESS. As
simple as this may seem, it can be one of the most
difficult things in this world to do. Forgiving
someone who has hurt us deeply is one of the hardest
things to do in life. It is not something that we
can even do in our own strength, but must be done
in the strength we get from the Lord.

I realize that many people right now are saying,
"NO WAY, not after what that person did to me."
As a Christian, it should be our goal to be like
our Lord every day. What were some of the last
words Christ spoke from the cross? What was his
last act before dying that horrific death? He
asked God to forgive those who had crucified Him!

When we sin, and we all sin every day, what do we do?
We go to God and ask Him to forgive us. We do so
with the full assurance that He will forgive us
because He has promised to in His Word. In
Colossians 3:13 the Bible tells us to "forgive as the
Lord forgave you."

God's Word is clear that just as Christ forgives us
when we sin against Him, we must forgive those who
sin against us! That is the key to unlocking the
prison door and being free once and for all from the
hurt and pain you have experienced in your life.
FORGIVE the person or people who have hurt you in
your life!

The other problem I deal with each day is people not
being able to forgive themselves. Listen, the Bible
tells us that we have "all come short of the glory of
God." We are all sinners. We all make mistakes.
When you go to God and confess your sins, the Bible
promises us that He not only forgives us but cleanses
us from all unrighteousness. He not only has forgiven
us, but He has forgotten the transgression. God acts
like it never happened. The point I'm trying to make is
that if God has forgiven you, if God has wiped the
slate clean, if in God's mind the sin never existed...
then you need to forgive yourself.

I love you and care about you so much. I realize that
this is a difficult word for many of you to hear
today, but this is going to literally change the lives
of those who will receive it...and do it! I want you
to take a moment right now, stop what you are doing,
and take out a piece of paper and a pen. Literally
write down the name of the person or names of the
people in your life who have hurt you deeply. Now,
pray this prayer,

"Dear Father, I come to you today, thanking you that
you love me so much. I thank you that you are not
only a God of love, but a God of forgiveness. Thank
you for forgiving me of my sins. Father, I come
today and pray that you will give me YOUR strength
to forgive those who have hurt me in my life. Right
now, this moment, I forgive (name/names). I not
only forgive them, but Father, I ask that you bless
them. They need you in their life and I pray that
they will come to have a personal, intimate
relationship with your Son. Thank you for giving me
the strength to forgive and thank you for setting me
free from the pain in my life. In Jesus precious name
I pray,
AMEN!"

I will be praying for each of you today to pray this
prayer. It is time to forgive those who have hurt
you, and it is time to forgive yourself if need be.
Put the hurt and pain of your past behind you once
and for all and move forward with your life. God
still has much left for you to do and by forgiving
those who have hurt you, you are now free to do all
that He wants to do in and through your life for His
Kingdom!


In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

***If I can help you in any way you can contact me
through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***ARE YOU 100% CERTAIN WHERE YOU WILL SPEND
ETERNITY? The fact is you will die one day. At
that moment, you will either spend eternity with
the Lord or be cast into everlasting darkness
forever separated from God your creator. To know
for certain you will be forever with Jesus, go to:
http://www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss
receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is
an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your
LPeMail account now at: www.lpemail.com.

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer
Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each
day. Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html
Also, you can now listen to the Daily Devotional by
phone by calling toll-free,1-888-382-4662, or
access it on your wireless device by going to:
http://wapdd.com

(C) Copyright 2006, Bill Keller Ministries.
All rights reserved

************************************************

May God bless you as you learn from this message!

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2006 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home