Saturday, January 28, 2006

Just Do Your Best in Following Him

Good morning, Happy Souls!

Bill Keller wrote a wonderful devotional today
that I highly recommend to you. He has given
me permission to copy his e-mails, and I'm sure
he would be happy if you would share this with
people you know as well.

This devotional reminds me of all those times I
worked long and hard, made lots of mistakes, but
also made some progress nevertheless. I fell into
bed exhausted . . . but feeling pretty good. I
had done my best. At that moment, the day became
even better when I thanked God for giving me such
a wonderful day.

May every day be like that for you!

Read on.

*********************************************

DAILY DEVOTIONAL SATURDAY JANUARY 28, 2006
(1 Thessalonians 2:4, 4:1, Hebrews 13:16 )

Do your best each day! There is one simple message
that I want you to hear loud and clear today. GOD
LOVES YOU and all He expects is that you do your
best each day. None of us are perfect. The Bible
says that we all have sinned and come short of God's
glory. In the course of our day-to-day lives, we
all fail God, we all make choices that we wish we
could change. But God knows our heart, and all He
has ever asked you to do, is your best.

Each day I deal with the real life issues that we
all face, in the context of God's Word. I deal with
all of the sins that are out there to hurt our lives.
I deal with the tricks that satan uses to try and
destroy us. It is out of my love for you that I
share the Absolute Truth of God's Word and how He
has called us to live. I do my best to break down
for you why God's way works.

The fact is, there is right and wrong in our world.
Those who oppose God have always done their best to
get people to believe that right and wrong doesn't
exist. Their goal is to get each person to decide
for themselves what is right and wrong. That way,
you can never tell a person that they are wrong no
matter what they choose to believe. That sounds
wonderful in theory, but in reality it leads to
utter chaos. More important, it is a lie, since
God has clearly told us in His Word what is right
and what is wrong.

In the course of applying the truth of God's Word
to our personal lives each day, it can get
frustrating when we sin, when we don't follow God's
plan. Again, the word that I want to share with you
today is to DO YOUR BEST. Am I saying it is OK to
sin? Of course not.

But 1 John 1:8 tells us that if we say we don't sin,
then we are deceiving ourselves. What I am saying
is that God knows your heart. He knows how grieved
you are when you sin. That is why He has promised
to forgive you and cleanse you of all unrighteousness
when you confess your sins to Him (1 John 1:9). What
I am saying is that all God expects us to do, is our
best each day. HE LOVES YOU.

I love you too, and care about you so much. I
realize that what I write each day is usually very
serious, very heavy, real life issues. It can
become overwhelming trying to live the way God
calls us to live, to do it His way. It is out of
His infinite love for you that He teaches you His
way, to help you to avoid the pain and heartache
associated with living life your way.

It is out of my love for you that I try to do the
best I can each day to very simply share what God's
way is for your life, again, to help you avoid
having to experience the pain and heartache that
living life outside of God's plan can bring. But
never forget, all any of us can do each day is our
very best, and God understands that.

I will be praying for you today. As we wind down
this month and look forward to February, I pray
that you will know the peace, the joy, and the
abundance that this life can offer. That is the
beauty of our relationship with the Lord. Even in
the midst of the storms, even in the midst of the
trials and tribulations of daily life, we can
still experience His peace, His joy, and the
abundance of this life. God loves you more than
you will ever know. He cares about you. All He
is asking you to do today, is your very best.


In His love and service,
Your friend and brother in Christ,
Bill Keller

***If I can help you in any way you can contact me
through my personal email at bkeller@liveprayer.com

***ARE YOU 100% CERTAIN WHERE YOU WILL SPEND
ETERNITY? The fact is you will die one day. At
that moment, you will either spend eternity with
the Lord or be cast into everlasting darkness
forever separated from God your creator. To know
for certain you will be forever with Jesus, go to:
http://www.liveprayer.com/bdy_salvatn.html

***GET YOUR FREE LPeMAIL ACCOUNT! Never miss
receiving your Daily Devotional again. LPeMail is
an effective email SPAM filtering application
that most ISP's charge $10/mo, for FREE! Get your
LPeMail account now at: www.lpemail.com.

***I am excited to let you know that the Liveprayer
Daily Devotional is now available via AUDIO each
day. Simply go to
http://www.liveprayer.com/DailyDevotionalAudio.html
Also, you can now listen to the Daily Devotional by
phone by calling toll-free,1-888-382-4662, or
access it on your wireless device by going to:
http://wapdd.com

(C) Copyright 2006, Bill Keller Ministries.
All rights reserved

************************************************

May God bless you as you learn from this message!

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2006 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home