Sunday, December 11, 2005

Give Spiritual Gifts

Good morning, Happy Souls!

Are you feeling motivated this morning? I certainly hope so. I know that I am!

When the subject of spiritual gifts comes up, most people think in terms of receiving spiritual gifts. That's a good place to start. If you think about the spiritual gifts others have given you that mattered most, you'll have great ideas for what to give to others.

I'll never forget the first time a doctor took the time to stop and pray with me for my recovery. I was tremendously surprised and happy to have spiritual as well as temporal assistance. But it's been a long time since a doctor prayed for my recovery while he or she was with me. I miss that.

Years later, my wife and I bought an encyclopedia for our older daughter from the father of a friend. Every year after that I would bump into the father and he would tell me that he prayed for us every day. That felt great!

Consider giving the gift of prayer to others . . . and let them know you are praying for them!

After I recovered from my illness I described earlier, my doctor inquired about my religious beliefs. Finding that I was not as clear as I might have been he brought me little essays to read and discussed them with me. After I recovered, he took me to a tent revival to hear a great preacher. It was a wonderful fun! When I tried to thank him, he reminded me that the inspiration was coming from the Holy Spirit and not from him. That humility helped me better understand Divine inspiration and encouraged me to connect my faith to God . . . and not to my doctor. Very nice!

Ask people about their religious beliefs and help them to learn more about their faith.

I travel a great deal in my life as a dream concierge and as a consultant. Sometimes I have the good fortune to be invited to attend religious services and classes with the people I am visiting. I can always see that part of the inspiration to make these invitations is because the church or other house of worship they attend is a very devout and well conducted affair. I enjoy the fellowship of attending with them and seeing other ways to worship and understand God. It's much nicer than being taken out to dinner.

Invite someone to go to church or your house of worship with you.

Many people are better students of the Bible than I am. They have a wonderful ability to recall stories and parables from the Bible that indicate the spiritual answer to some challenging situation that occurs. I am always delighted when such a knowledgeable person takes the time to tell me the story, send me an e-mail about the story or to give me a telephone call and mention the story.

Share the Bible's wisdom with those who are facing life's challenges.

To me, one of the great spiritual gifts is to consider the life of Jesus. Although many aspire to walk in His footsteps, none completely succeed. But it's wonderfully uplifting to meet someone who is attempting to be like our Lord. With such a role model present, it becomes easier to be a good Christian oneself.

Be like our Savior to be a role model for others.

The finest examples I see are those who go the extra mile . . . or turn the other cheek . . . with a smile and without complaining.

Give yourself the gift of walking the extra mile or turning the other cheek with a smile on your face and in your heart!

We all need forgiveness. We all receive forgiveness that we don't feel we deserve . . . but God grants that to us when we ask for it. God also wants us to forgive others.

Forgive someone today. Let them know you forgive them . . . and that you want to have a warm, friendly relationship with them.

Could a billionaire do better? I doubt it.

I think the most a billionaire could hope for is to do just as well. May God bless all billionaires as they give their spiritual gifts.

************************************

N.B. As you can tell, I'm experimenting with color. Let me know what you like and what I should change about my use of color.

Please let me know what else you would like to learn, and I'll do my best to help in future blog entries.

Thanks so much for your support of this blog. I'm delighted that so many tens of thousands of people have made this blog part of their regular reading habit!

If you like this blog, please let others know who might also enjoy it. E-mailing your favorite post to them is a great idea.

Thank you to my many friends, students, clients and blog readers who are spreading the good word about this blog.

If you are visiting today because someone invited you, I'm delighted to meet you! Let's stay in touch.

Remember to also visit

Be More Successful than a Billionaire at http://bemoresuccessfulthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/,

Create Your Own 2,000 Percent Solutions at
http://2000percentsolutions.blogspot.com/,

Enjoy Mansions Better than a Billionaire at http://enjoymansionsbetterthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/,

Enjoy Football Better than a Billionaire at http://enjoyfootballbetterthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/ and

Be a World Hero Better than a Billionaire at http://beaworldherobetterthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/.

I am available to you as a speaker on these subjects. You can find my background at http://livebetterthanabillionaireon5dollars.blogspot.com/2005_08_30_livebetterthanabillionaireon5dollars_archive.html/.

May God bless you. Merry Christmas!

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2005 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home