Thursday, December 01, 2005

Forgive Your Enemies to Live a More Beautiful Spiritual Life

Good morning, Happy Souls!

Are you feeling motivated this morning? I certainly hope so. I know that I am!

How do you know who your enemies are? Usually by the fact that they accept that label for themselves. In other cases, other people physically or verbally attack you.

Does it make you feel good to have enemies? Even reading the word "enemies" makes me feel like I want to be a turtle withdrawing into my shell. All of my defensive and passive instincts are aroused.

But that's not good for me. I'd rather live thinking about beauty, love, spiritual joy and accomplishment.

What choice do I have if I have enemies? I can choose to see the "enemies" as people I forgive and love. Then, I can go back to
thinking about beauty, love, spiritual joy and accomplishment.

When I go to the Bible, the instructions are even clearer. Whether it's the Lord's Prayer or Jesus's explanation of how to live the good life, we are told to love and forgive one another.

Psychologists also tell us that you will notice and help attract that which we don't want if we focus on it. If we think about having enemies who make us fearful, chances are we will notice more people to make us feel fearful. If we think about forgiving and loving everyone, we find easier and better ways to forgive and love.

Forgive your enemies . . . to help yourself.

Could a billionaire do better? I doubt it.

Money doesn't influence our ability to forgive. If we highly value money and have lots of money, we may even find it harder to forgive those who trespass in regard to our money.

************************************

N.B. As you can tell, I'm experimenting with color. Let me know what you like and what I should change about my use of color. Many thanks to Linda Grace for her suggestions which I am following!

Please let me know what else you would like to learn, and I'll do my best to help in future blog entries.

Thanks so much for your support of this blog. I'm delighted that so many tens of thousands of people have made this blog part of their regular reading habit!

If you like this blog, please let others know who might also enjoy it. E-mailing your favorite post to them is a great idea.

Thank you to my many friends, students, clients and blog readers who are spreading the good word about this blog.

If you are visiting today because someone invited you, I'm delighted to meet you! Let's stay in touch.

Remember to also visit

Be More Successful than a Billionaire at http://bemoresuccessfulthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/,

Create Your Own 2,000 Percent Solutions at
http://2000percentsolutions.blogspot.com/,

Enjoy Mansions Better than a Billionaire at http://enjoymansionsbetterthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/,

Enjoy Football Better than a Billionaire at http://enjoyfootballbetterthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/ and

Be a World Hero Better than a Billionaire at http://beaworldherobetterthanabillionaire.blogspot.com/.

I am available to you as a speaker on these subjects. You can find my background at http://livebetterthanabillionaireon5dollars.blogspot.com/2005_08_30_livebetterthanabillionaireon5dollars_archive.html/.

May God bless you.

Donald W. Mitchell, Your Dream Concierge

Copyright 2005 Donald W. Mitchell

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home